Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Girls got their boys

여리뷴 (everyone) Happy New Year!!! 2013 started really great especially to SONEs! Our 9 girls made their long return with their 4th full album 'I Got A Boy'. Now isn't that a nice way to start the year?
I just love love love their new concept! We kinda get an idea of their new image at the last seconds of the  'Dancing Queen' mv and of course when they released the teaser jacket photos. All the girls look stunning but I think Seohyun was the best. Maybe I'm a little biased since she's my favorite member but she looks wonderful, doesn't she?

The album comes in 10 covers (1 with all of them together and with the members individually). It also consists of 10 songs with 'I Got A Boy' being the title track. My favorites are 'Talk Talk' and 'Baby Maybe'.
Girls' Generation tried a different type of song this time and they sure nailed it! I like both the song and the mv. 'I Got A Boy' gives the impression that it's not one song but more likely is five or six songs combined together. In that case it fits perfectly for the girls. The music and melody changes constantly, hip hop,r'n'b, pop. The interesting part it's that it doesn't get boring or annoying. It gets addicting and the parts are very well combined. 
There isn't much to say about the choreography since we know that our girls never disappoint us when it comes to dancing. The dance is incredible! The moves match with the beat and my favorite dance part is at the chorus : I got a boy 멋진... Really really nice! Their style is wow! Brightful colors, clothes with hip hop elements but with a girly touch suit them the best. Heoyeon's rainbow hair is the most eye-catching hairstyle and it looks awesome on her.

The mv is fun to watch. In the beginning we see the girls in a room preparing to go out and teasing each other when suddenly their boyfriend appears in the front door. I must say Taeyeon's face when the boy rang the bell is priceless!!As the mv continuous the nine ladies have some interaction with their boyfriend while they are out. Seohyun looked so cute when he tied her shoe and probably only Heoyeon could punch the guy in the face for being late. Girls power!
It seems the girls brought a new type of song this year, making their own sound. So allow me to introduce them...here comes trouble!


1 comment:

  1. Yeah our girls are back!!!Finally!I really like their song!So catchy <3

    ReplyDelete